La Forge is comprised of two properties, sleeping a total of 10 people.
The main property is the original home of the village blacksmith, dating back to 1840, with exposed beams throughout. The second property, a converted bakehouse, is attached to the house and is accessed from the conservatory. The bakehouse is well equipped and has its own private entrance and own terrace overlooking the heated pool - ideal for parents or grandparents preferring their own space.
Outside, the property has secluded gardens to the front and back, with views to the Meyronne Cliffs and Hills. Plum, pear, apple and fig trees grow throughout the property.
Over the Meyronne bridge, and only 3 minutes drive away, is the neighbouring village of St. Sozy with garage, two grocery shops, one making up sandwiches daily, a post office, a butcher, a hairdresser, and two restaurants, "Le Capricorne" and "Le Grangier". The Capricorne has a takeaway pizza service.
La Forge is in the heart of the Dordogne and only 15 minutes from Rocamadour, the famous village and religious centre dating back to the 12th Century, with its traditional buildings and church preserved in history, characterful shops and great restaurants. The approach to the village is spectacular and is a mecca for those following the pilgrim route of Jacques de Compostelle. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is not to be missed!
Both the main house and Bakehouse annex are over two levels
Main house inside
- Large comfortable living room with exposed beams, fireplace and woodburner, TV with both UK and French television channels, CD player, WiFi, double doors to the garden, access to the conservatory
- Dining room with dining table seating 6, double doors to the garden, again there are original exposed beams throughout
- Large fully equipped kitchen with Godin woodburning stove, kitchen table seating 6, dishwasher, coffee-machine and 2 refrigerators. A washing machine and a freezer are located in a small annex off the kitchen
- Conservatory with dining table seating 4, double doors out to a decked area
- Master bedroom with en suite with plenty of wardrobe space, double bed (80" x 66"), the en suite has shower, WC and washbasin
- Bedroom 2 with exposed beams, wardrobe hanging area, double bed (75" x 56")
- Bedroom 3 with exposed beams, two single beds, wardrobe hanging area
- Bedroom 4 with exposed beams, two single beds, wardrobe hanging area
Bakehouse annex inside
- Bathroom with bath/overhead shower, WC and washbasin
- The sitting room in the Bakehouse comprises one sofa, one armchair and a TV showing both UK and French television channels
- Kettle and fridge provided
- Shower room with shower, WC and washbasin off the sitting room
- Bedroom with double bed, wardrobe hanging area
- The property has secluded gardens to the front and back, with views to the Meyronne cliffs and hills. You'll find plums, pears, apples, grapes and figs throughout the grounds
- 10m x 5m heated swimming pool which is decked around the entire pool and fully secured
Changeover is Saturday.
- Sufficient parking for at least 4 cars to the rear of the house, which is gated and fenced
No pets allowed.
No smoking allowed inside the house.
Prices are per weekBed linen and bathroom towels are providedPool towels are providedThere may be a charge for pool heating out of peak season - please ask£300 refundable security deposit
|27 Jun 20||24 Jul 20||£ 1,795
|25 Jul 20||04 Sep 20||£ 2,295
At the end of each rental we ask our clients for comments on their stay - we hope that the following comments will help making your choice of property easier
Great pool temperature. Superb location…not to be missed
Great peace and quiet in the middle of green pastures!
Location of tranquillity surrounded by corn fields. Lovely pool!
The tranquillity and the charm of this old Forge and Bakehouse, and not to forget the wonderful pool!
Located within greenery and hidden from the outside world, and the pool…the tops!
La Forge is located on the edge of a small village, close to the Dordogne river | St Sozy 2km | Rocamadour 13km | Sarlat-la-Caneda 40km | Brive airport 27km | Bergerac airport 112km | Toulouse airport 180km | Caen ferry port 618km | Calais Eurotunnel 815km